Error making visualiser files

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MathieuMH

Error making visualiser files

Postby MathieuMH » 23 Jun 2011, 16:59

Hi all,

I'm having troubles making my visualiser .R20 files.
I'm mostly using a pearl 2004, so I made a new personality for a BriteQ LED Power Beam. It is my first personality, I hope I did good.

I'm not able to test de fixture on my computer beacause my visualiser files wont generate. The program tells me "Accessing the C:\CreatorColors.clr is denied."

What can I do to prevent this?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 23 Jun 2011, 17:27

Hi, some more infoirmation would be helpful in order to assist you: which software is giving you this error? What exactly do you want to acchieve? Visualizer is .VIS, R20 is classic pearl...

You could send me that file you generated (s-beutel@gmx.de) - I'll try to help you.

Sebastian
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 28 Jun 2011, 10:32

Hello,

I suspect this may be a problem with permissions on Windows Vista and 7. I will look into resolving this in future versions. In the meantime try right clicking on the shortcut to Personality Builder, select Properties and switch to the Compatibility tab. In that view tick the box "Run this program as an administrator" and click OK.

Gregory
MathieuMH

Postby MathieuMH » 29 Jul 2011, 19:51

icke_siegen: Thx for trying!

Gregory: You had the solution! Thank for you're help. Mayby it's intresting to accept this as a common problem for Win7 to avoid multiple questions about this mather.