personality update problem on Titan 4.1

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BasVal

personality update problem on Titan 4.1

Postby BasVal » 23 Jun 2011, 08:01

Hi Avolites fans.

I have a problem with personality files on our new Tiger Touch console.

We're using Showtec Genesis (3,6 & 12) scanners at our club and because the personalities on the avo site are very simple i would like to edit these.

The original files for example use dmx value 1 - 255 for colours and for making (offline) programming easy i would like to see the actual colours(white, red, green) and i also like to translate all personalities to dutch.

I tried to do this with genesis 12 and also for our Robe Spot 250XT personality but i can't get this to work.

When i edit a pers. file and save this file to the pers directory on the titan dir and reboot the console i see that a pers file was updated but what should i do to get this to work?

On the screen i see a "list" of updates pers files and i tried to do several things with it but the pers file doesn't update :cry:

Can somebody please give us a hint to get this to work :idea: :idea:

best regards,
. . : : B a s V a l : : . .

www.BasVal.nl
www.deSenaat.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Jun 2011, 08:35

Moved to Personality Builder forum

I'm wondering if you're editing the correct file?

The Titan software uses .d4 files stored in C:\program files\avolites\titan\fixture library and should be edited using the Personality Builder application.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 23 Jun 2011, 17:52

Essentially, 'update personality' checks for changes for already patched fixtures. Since when a fixture is patched, it's personality at patch time is stored in the showfile, this is the required mechanism to update patched fixtures (IMHO this also works without restarting Titan). Go to Patch->Update personality, and update the personalities for the fixtures you changed.

As far as I can see, the personalities have the correct names for the values/ranges, despite there are no preset palletes. Please know that you need to set 'Colour function' to fixed or index, in order to see the names - when you set it to 'Raw DMX' you'll always see the actual DMX values.

You might PM me if I can be of further assistance.

S.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Jun 2011, 18:04

icke_siegen wrote:As far as I can see, the personalities have the correct names for the values/ranges, despite there are no preset palletes. Please know that you need to set 'Colour function' to fixed or index, in order to see the names - when you set it to 'Raw DMX' you'll always see the actual DMX values.

The Showtec Genesis 12 & 6 only have raw ranges and the OP wants to translate anyway.
Note that the usual reason for raw values is that either the manual was not available or it did not provide enough details.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 24 Jun 2011, 09:00

hi Guys,
I'm sure i edit the correct file, would i see it in the updated list of i'm editing another??

I made my own personalities a few years ago for the Showtec Genesis scanners to make it work on our Azure console.

I tried to convert these R20 files to .D4 and i also tried to edit the original D4 files from Avolites.

But what should i do when i see an update personality in the list?

should i tap on the updated pers in the list and then on the specific fixtures or how should i do this??

Maybe i'm doing this the wrong way??
:oops:

Ps can someone explain to me why i don't recieve a notification on new posts in this topic??

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jun 2011, 09:09

Just hit the softkey for the personality you want to update. That's all.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 28 Jun 2011, 08:34

hi Nic,

My account got locked out so i couldn't answer you earlier.

But i tried it like you descriped but my personality's won't update.

should i see a confirmation on the screen?

Bas

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Jun 2011, 08:39

No. It should just do it and exit. Please send me the personality. Email in pm.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 28 Jun 2011, 09:02

hi Nic,

I'll send you the file a.s.a.p but i also tried to just change a name from a color in an original personality file for Robe Spot 250 XT from (green f.e.) to "groen" (dutch translation) and update the personality but in programmering i still see "green" instead of "groen"

after i tap the updated pers file, i only have to selecte the specified fixtures in the fixture screen?

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Jun 2011, 10:46

Yes. Just select the softkey for the personality you want to update and then the changes should be immediate. The only time you might have problems is when there is more than one mode patched but that is quite rare I think.

Hopefully it should be clearer once I see the file.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 01 Jul 2011, 22:16

Hi Nic,

sorry for my late response but i couldn't get to the console any sooner.

I have news.

In my current show the update pers function does nothing.

But when i chose new chose and patch the just updated fixture it shows my modified personality file.

I tried to exchange fixtures in my current show too see if then my edited pers file got loaded but when i do that i can do nothing any more with that specific fixture (no dim, shut, colour enz)

Now the good news is that we're currently setting up the console so it's not a very big isue too begin from scratch but i still don't understand why it's not working like it should ?

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Jul 2011, 22:42

If you send me the files I will try and find the answer.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 02 Jul 2011, 20:16

you've got mail :)

www.BasVal.nl

www.deSenaat.nl
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Jul 2011, 06:41

Apparently not. Try sending in a zip.
BasVal

Postby BasVal » 03 Jul 2011, 12:52