Create personality on Pearl Tiger

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

lichthase

Create personality on Pearl Tiger

Postby lichthase » 31 May 2011, 13:03

Hey.
I'm a very fresh Avolites user from Germany. I bought my Pearl Tiger two weeks ago. But now, I see one big problem for my work on this console. At my jobs, I only know the kind of fixtures I have to work with, on the event day. And until now, I don't see any possibility, to create a fixture profile on my own.
Maybe there is an option I don't know. Is there any software to create the personality? Or is there only the way, to request the fixture at your online platform?
Best wishes from Germany
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 31 May 2011, 13:24

Hey man,

give the german avo dealer a try: Trendco, 0271 338 47 0
Or drop me a mail: s.beutel@avolites.de

Sebastian
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 May 2011, 15:19

lichthase

Postby lichthase » 31 May 2011, 21:19

hi niclights,
I thought the Personality Builder is only for Personalitys for Diamond 4 and Titan. The Quick start guide says it in the first sentence.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 31 May 2011, 23:19

PersoBuilder has (since version xxx) an extra menu item for exporting .R20 personality files, and does a quite good job in creating them, if the input data is correct. However:
- vis files still need some tweaking
- PB doesn't open R20 files, can only create them from d4 files
- there is no integration into classic desks
- you still need to know how to import the .R20 files (whilst for .d4, you can save them directly into the library)
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Jun 2011, 00:15

You can open r20 files although the import might not be perfect. The next version of personality builder has improvements in this area.

The confusion might be that the 'guide' is for creating a d4 file. The application can create both and is how all factory r20 files are created now.

The additions to the guide for r20 might be:
Add device name in 'Classic Pearl Reference' field for each mode.
Adjust wheel mapping for classic pearl (tab at the top of wheel mapping view).
File/Generate r20 files...

Usually the only things you might need to tweak manually are ranges for attributes that have conditional statements. If the same DMX values are used in more than one condition for an attribute then you can end up with duplicate DMX values in the r20 range table for that attribute. But as far as I know the Classic software is tolerant of this anyway, so it's not a disaster.

Other than that, pending dimmer doesn't export correctly and Classic has problems clearing the 16bit dimmers. If this occurs the solution is to either swap the MSB/LSB or separate them into two 8bit attributes with the MSB on the normal dimmer wheel allocation. This could be done in the builder or manually edited later.
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 06 Jun 2011, 13:18

I've moved this to the Personality Builder forum.
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.