New to Personality Builder. Need help for LED Fixture

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sheldon

New to Personality Builder. Need help for LED Fixture

Postby sheldon » 21 May 2011, 06:48

I am using this for the 1st time.
I've got an LED Fixture that has RGB for the whole fixture, then another 12 channels for RGB in 4 banks on the LED Bar.
If I set the attributes to RED, GREEN, BLUE, the software automatically assigns ID to RED, RED1, RED2, RED3, etc.... but when patching to the wheels, all 4 REDs get patched to the same wheel. How do I move them so they are in separate wheels? I tried moving them to unassigned, but they always move together, no way to separate them. I am thinking I need to make them different attributes, but then again, they are all controlling the same colour, just different sections on the LED Bar.
Thanks.
sheldon

Postby sheldon » 21 May 2011, 09:15

I'm not sure what I did, but I think I changed the attribute on the D4 wheel mapping to something else, then it worked. I now can assign all the values (I took a Generic RGB file and added on the channels I needed & tweaked the values).
I now have a new problem - how to make the RGB channels respond to Rainbow Spread & Rainbow Effect in the Shape Generator.
Apologies for the seemingly simple questions, never had to write a personality before....
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 21 May 2011, 11:17

For wheel assignment just go to the wheel mapping view (bottom right tab) and then drag/drop where you want them. Unfortunately the default wheel mapping can't allow for both mastered and non-mastered RGB multi-cell fixtures. So you will end up with RGB and R1,G1,B1 on the first page. Where more than one attribute as assigned to the same wheel it will show in red. Easiest solution here would be to drag all the RGB attributes into unassigned and then drop them back in the correct place.

Shapes operate on the attribute ID. Since each attribute must have a unique attribute ID there are currently only two solutions to this - either patch as single cells or edit the shapefile. There are plenty of details on this already here including in Tips and Tricks. However, it is advanced and has significant limitations. The next version of Titan should provide some solutions to this. In the meantime I personally would go with the single cell option.