mac 2000 profile personality

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

inri martyr

Postby inri martyr » 27 Jan 2011, 21:43

cool cant wait to load it up and check em out! got some performances too!
inri martyr

Postby inri martyr » 27 Jan 2011, 22:28

so i loaded up your revised personality 1-26-11 and right away i noticed the effects function (d4 wheel 1) was no longer available....therefore the only way to get a prism is through the raw dmx....can you verify? it is available on the interim personality you sent me so i just reloaded that one up... havnt tried the performances personality yet but i will....one more thing i thought you were going to change the "random strobe" to a percentage....
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Jan 2011, 23:41

I did change the prism from a three wheel setup to a two wheel setup because it was working in an unusual way. But the available functions are exactly the same. You do not have to use raw. I'm still in two minds about it but given the number of functions I felt it was unnecessarily complex to have an additional 'func' attribute.
As for changing the random strobe I forgot although I'm still undecided if it is right to do so. There are only three speeds. Even if you did fade between them how effective would it be? Whereas I do think it is useful to be able to select one of the speeds quickly instead of it being a vague percentage.
inri martyr

Postby inri martyr » 28 Jan 2011, 18:20

so i reloaded it up and i see that "effect 1" is the beam and "effect 2" is prism and they index and spin got it! just a lil confusing at first maybe a proper label for these would clear it up....but its ther....as far as random strobe i didnt realize its just a three speed setup and see no benefit for percentage fades...off to the performances...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Jan 2011, 18:36

Well, there's the thing. Effect 1 and Effect 2 are the correct labels. The manual doesn't actually mention Prism in the channel mapping at all.

It's a tricky thing with changeable slots. Slot number or name or standard factory setup? I suppose it only really matters when working offline.