Saving in n20

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

marioguerrina

Saving in n20

Postby marioguerrina » 07 Jan 2011, 04:02

tring to build personality for two items Stage ape R&G lazer and adj Quad Gem. It errors out when i save
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jan 2011, 14:58

Difficult to say. If you send me the .d4 file I will have a look for you. I will PM you email address.
JessyMallas

new question

Postby JessyMallas » 07 Jan 2011, 22:34

I am the lighting engineer here at the 19th hole with Mario. I have two ADJ Scan250ex's, when i program them into a scene, they will not turn of after i use that scene. All the other lites will turn off but thoes two. I have looked through all the settings and cannot find why. Also i want to know how to program a simple dimmer (for par cans) chase and moving lights together. I cannot figure out how to do this if you can, and its not in the book. I use the Azure 2000. Thank you.
Jessy Mallas 19th Hole Lighting Engineer
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jan 2011, 23:58

I have received the files & will get back to you on that.

The reason the scans don't clear is because they only have a shutter channel and no dimmer. So by default the personality has this defined as an LTP attribute.
The solution is to change this into an HTP dimmer channel although it will mean that any playbacks containing shutter information will fade by fader and you will not be able to use shutter palettes properly.
There will always be a compromise due to the limitations of the fixture but personally I would probably go with the HTP dimmer option.

As for chases, they are explained in the manual. I think you need to be more specific about the problem and it would be best if you did this in a separate thread in the consoles forum.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Jan 2011, 02:41

The main reason the files don't work is because you have not specified any modes. These are where you tell it which channel each attribute works on.

-Click 'modes' on the left.

-Double-click one of the template options from the top right. For example 'mode1'. It is not important which.

-Click on the new 'mode1'

-Enter a name in the 'Classic Pearl Reference' field on the right. Make sure you follow the instructions at the bottom.

-Now add your attributes from the top right. Easiest way is it double-click each in turn in order of the channels. The builder will automatically increment the channel offset for each one added.

-Click on the 'Channels' tab at the bottom and check the attributes all have the correct channel offsets. If not you can adjust them here.

-Click on the 'Wheel Mapping' tab at the bottom and then make sure the 'Classic Pearl' tab is selected at the top. Check all the attributes are where you want them on the wheels. If any are in red or in 'unassigned' then you must drag and drop them somewhere else. Also, when you click on each attribute you can give it more details in the white box. Normally dimmer will be 'HTP, all others can be 'LTP'. Inverted will be 'False' and the Attribute setting is so the correct shapes will work.

Now you should be able to export your .r20 file.

As you can see this is quite complicated. Unless you need the Titan files then it is usually much easier to make these by editing a text file. Instructions for this can be found in the manual.

Also, although I don't think it will stop the file from working, you have not defined any DMX values for the functions you have created (ie. Open/Closed/Gobo1/Gobo2 etc.) The easiest way to set these is by clicking on the 'DMX Values' tab at the bottom and then each attribute in turn from the right.
JessyMallas

Postby JessyMallas » 08 Jan 2011, 03:23

ok so now i got it to save in .r20 and all things are correct on it. now i have it saved to my desk top. How do i transfer to disk to make the board read the file. I send it to A:\ but the board says no file when i open it.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Jan 2011, 15:45

My best guess is you have a bad filename. It must be maximum 8 characters, no spaces. By default the software suggests the device name (the one you entered in 'classic pearl reference') which allows 11 chars. Confusing I know.

If that is the problem you should re-export with good filename rather than simply renaming since the filename is referenced within the file itself.
JessyMallas

Postby JessyMallas » 09 Jan 2011, 03:57

It is saved as laser.n20. I will recheck the name and save it under a different one to see what happens.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Jan 2011, 04:00

I assume that's a typo? The extension is .r20.
JessyMallas

Postby JessyMallas » 11 Jan 2011, 04:01

when i save my file, all the attributes dont save. Then dont show up in the board. I did get the file to open in the board though.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Jan 2011, 11:26

If you list the channel mapping here I'll throw a file together.