Robe LED4CE?????

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Darion

Robe LED4CE?????

Postby Darion » 09 Sep 2010, 07:30

Hi there!

I've been trying and trying and trying some more to get a personality built for the Robe LED4CE RGBW 5W fixture. It's a simple fixture with 6 dmx channels: Red, Green, Blue, White, Dim, Strobe. Hence my frustration.

I seem to have it working and all functions running fine, but every now and then the dmx values freeze in place from the console. For example:

I bring up dimmer and red to 100%,
then add green to make an amber.
I save it to a memory on the Tiger Touch. EXIT, CLEAR. It works fine. :-)

I check my memory again, it works fine :-).

I go upstairs, have a cup of coffee. I go back to the console, bring up my memories again, they work fine, BUT i bring my memory sliders down and there is still a percentage of red active, and a percentage of green active. And the only way a can take the functions down is to re-select the fixture and do it manually.

Is this an ID10T error from my side or a console/fixture problem?!

PLEASE PLEASE Help me out :?
It's Psychological...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Sep 2010, 12:21

Firstly this personality already exists: http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Persona ... leID=11300

Note that it is Robe 'light series 4ce' which applies to the three fixtures they make in this series.

As for the problems it sounds like correct LTP behaviour. By this I mean that it is normal for any values except intensity to remain as set until they are changed. Important things to read in the manual are HTP/LTP, the programmer and record modes (by channel/by fixture).

However, if you're saying that after killing all playbacks you still see this output on stage then perhaps there is a problem with the personality. You might need to download the latest library to get the factory version of this fixture.
Darion

Postby Darion » 09 Sep 2010, 12:41

Hey Nic,

It's not the right Personality.
The personality i need is:
1: Red
2: Green
3: Blue
4: White
5: Dimmer
6: Strobe

I'm recording the memory in channel mode, and setting the fader to mode 2, fade to fader.

Also, why does it work sometimes, and then other times not?

What's more is im saving just red, into a fader, just green into a fader, just blue into a fader, just white into a fader, and dimmer on a seperate fader...

It's just strange that sometimes it works and other times not, and when it keeps information its random, like 36% on red, then all of a sudden 61% on blue... its very odd...
It's Psychological...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Sep 2010, 13:22

Hmmm. Now that I look I see the ones Robe list are different channel count. I can't see any info about these.

But it should be a simple matter of loading exising 'light 4ce' and swapping the white/dimmer/strobe channels.

There can be problems with using mode2 like this. Do you have only one playback containing R/G/B/W individually or is there more than one? The reason I ask is the most common issue is where two mode 2 playbacks containing the same attributes are fired together. If this occurs the 'origin' will change to one or other of the playbacks.
Darion

Postby Darion » 10 Sep 2010, 10:33

Right,

I've tried the other Light Force profile and swapped the White, Dimmer and Strobe to the correct channels, and the problem is worse.

I have however got the profile working fine now, Except when running a chase throuh the colours. When the chase is active and i bring up a normal playback, egs. Blue, and then take the chase down, the random percentage of any one of the colours active within this chase, freezes. Then i take all faders down, snapa the chase in and out again, and it zero's out...

Difficult to explain in text format i know, but at least we can use it with either or for now, until I can figure out what is going on.

If i could post the personality onto here, so someone could take a look, it would be great, but the forum doesn't seem to allow this.

If anyone thinks they can perhaps help, can you please send me an email address so i can forward the personality on to take a look.

Thanks for the help though!! Much Appreciated!! :D
It's Psychological...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Sep 2010, 13:51

I'm happy to have a look, time depending.

It would be best for me if you can send a simple showfile with steps to repeat (try to describe every action, even if it seems long winded) where you describe what you expect to happen and what actually happens.

Even better would be to incorporate a vis theatre all ready to go, but I realise this might be a problem if you don't have a suitable vis extension.

I'll pm you with email.
Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 15 Sep 2010, 11:20

I've fixed the issue with robe light series 4ce personality this will be available to download from the website tomorrow.
Avolites Fixture Support