Trouble with importing to Pearl Classic

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DenisTimeless

Trouble with importing to Pearl Classic

Postby DenisTimeless » 11 Aug 2010, 16:27

I've been a lighting designer for about 10 years. Just recently, I started working with a Avolites Pearl. I'm loving the ease of the console, but I have these custom made moving heads which I cannot get to run. I made the correct personality attributes for the fixtures. I seem to have trouble importing them to the console. Matter of fact, I can't get ANYTHING to load into the console because it does not recognize the floppy nor the USB drive. But when I put a flashdrive into the USB slot, the drive powers up. How do I "SYNC" the fixture library and make the USB option appear on the console?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Denis K.
NYC
Rock!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Aug 2010, 17:37

You haven't said which console. For personalities on 2010/2008 you need to use the 'copy2008' available from the download pages. This is described in a recent thread. However, if the floppy is not working at all on one of these consoles then perhaps you have a hardware problem. In this case first step would be to open up and check all connectors.

If you have an Expert then the procedure is different. You must open Windows Explorer and copy the file(s) into \program files\avolites\personalities. Of course if it's an Expert then why use Classic?..

Note that this forum is really supposed to be specifically for discussion about the Personality Builder software.
DenisTimeless

Postby DenisTimeless » 12 Aug 2010, 19:16

It's a Pearl 2008. I'm having trouble with the Personality Builder as well. I can't seem to save my personality. It's giving me a JIT warning.
Rock!
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 13 Aug 2010, 11:34

DenisTimeless wrote:It's a Pearl 2008. I'm having trouble with the Personality Builder as well. I can't seem to save my personality. It's giving me a JIT warning.

Hi Denis,

Can you please send me a direct message containing the text present in the error message box?
It would also be handy if you could include the version number of the software.
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.