How to assign faders to dimmer/shutter/intensity

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

SM4XAS

How to assign faders to dimmer/shutter/intensity

Postby SM4XAS » 18 Jun 2010, 09:05

Hello!

Console: Pearl Expert Titan

I have a couple of Robe DJ-Scan 250 XT, and the personality file isn't really correct. The locate, clear, and power-on attributes are wrong, but I managed to fix them.

The problem is that I want to control the intensity/dimmer value with the fader for each fixture, but I cannot manage to assign this.

In the Pearl Classic mode, this works. The fader 0-40% is dimmer and 41% and up is some different functions (like strobe, pulse etc).

The ideal would be that when the fader is 100% up, the DMX-value sent to the lamp is 63, which is 100% intensity.

Any ideas?
Regards,
Daniel Forsström
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 Jun 2010, 18:49

Have a look at Clay Paky Miniscan HPE to see how dimmer and shutter on the same channel offset can be handled.

Here there are two functions defined on the shutter attribute and two conditions on the dimmer attribute. Depending on the shutter selection the conditions change the dmx range that the fader operates on.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to have the dimmer part on the fader and the rest of the controls on shutter wheels as you would have to assign the same offset to both attributes, which isn't allowed.

What was wrong with locate/clear/power on?
SM4XAS

Postby SM4XAS » 21 Jun 2010, 06:58

Hello

The problem with locate/clear/power on was only that the functions wasn't assigned to the right attributes. All was set in "Shutter Open", which resulted in that when the console booted up the light turned on.

So the solution was to assign the locate to "Open", clear and power on to "Closed".

The thing I don't understand is how to assign the fixture's preset-fader to the Dimmar/Strobe Channel (as it is made on the Classic fixture). In the Wheel-mapping tab, I assign the Dim/Strobe Dimmer channel to "Dimmer", but it doesn't work. I also tried assigning it to the Intensity-field but that doesn't work either.

I just started using the Personality Builder so I'm a newbee ;p
Regards,

Daniel Forsström
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 21 Jun 2010, 16:56

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out that Power On was set to Open on the Intensity channel. I've fixed that now, you'll be able to download the updated file for your cache by tomorrow afternoon.

There was an bug in Titan that caused issues with Dimmer channels that also contained other functions (like Strobe, for example). Specifically, having more than one function in the Dimmer attribute caused the user to be unable to correctly record that attribute to a Playback.
This has been fixed in the imminently-available Titan 3.1 :D

My advice to you would be to update to 3.1 and see how your fixtures behave with this fix applied and full functionality restored.

However, if you're still desperate to create that Classic Pearl vibe in Titan:
1. Change the Attribute ID from 'Shutter' to Dimmer.
2. Delete every function other than Dimmer (make sure you don't change it's Name).
3. Make the Dimmer DMX range span from 0 - 255.

Titan will only make functions HTP if they are called 'Dimmer' in Attributes with the ID 'Dimmer'.

But please, get updated to 3.1 before you start testing these edits, as the fixes in the new version will have a huge effect on the functionality of this fixture's Shutter channel.

Hope all that Helps! :)
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.