Error opening projects

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Stratis

Error opening projects

Postby Stratis » 13 Jun 2010, 11:43

I recently installed and used the program and i must say it is very useful.I am getting an unexpected error though.When i am trying to open an existing personality file from the one you provide or one i created it can't open.
This is the error i get.

Hope to an update because now i can't edit a file i have to create it from scratch.
I am using Windows 7 64-bit
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Jun 2010, 13:23

FWIW I have the same problem on XP and console.
Funmaker

Postby Funmaker » 13 Jun 2010, 14:17

as far as I can read and understand: the program can't access the file because the file path isn't passed correctly...
as far as my vb.net coding skills tells me something goes wrong inside the program while passing the file path to another method...
Raving on my heartbeat
john rogers

Fix en route!

Postby john rogers » 16 Jun 2010, 11:11

Hello everyone!

Yes we're aware that there's a number of unlucky Personality Builders that have this issue. We're currently testing a fix so that we can make a new installer ready for deployment.

I know the big question here is when you'll see this fix, that depends on us testing the software and being satisfied with the results. With that in mind, if you don't see a fix before the end of the week it means we've found more issues that need fixing.

An email will be sent to the address you used when you registered to download Personality Builder the first time, so keep an eye on your inboxes/junk folders and of course this forum :D
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
Stratis

Postby Stratis » 16 Jun 2010, 16:03

Just received the update and it worked like a charm.Thank you very much for your support
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 16 Jun 2010, 16:08

Cheers Stratis, that's great news. Thanks for your patience while we were getting the fix implemented.

:D
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.