Removing/deleting imported Legend pictures

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

ArieGroen

Removing/deleting imported Legend pictures

Postby ArieGroen » 25 Jun 2024, 12:07

Hi all,

In the past I created hundreds of legend icons and imported them in my showfile.
They are relatively big in size so I reduced them (20%) and imported them.
Is there a way to remove the old imported ones?

Cheers,
Arie
Gregory

Re: Removing/deleting imported Legend pictures

Postby Gregory » 25 Jun 2024, 18:53

Most likely if there is unused data in the show file left over from previous picture legends it shouldn't cause issues while running the show but might make saving and loading a little slower. There is a possible way to fix the show file but it isn't the most straightforward so make sure you keep a backup of the show that you can go back to.

The show file is stored as a zip file which contains a binary version of the show file that is quick to load but is not compatible between software versions and several XML files which are what is used when loading the show into a new version of software. What you can do is open the show file in a zip tool of your choice (e.g. 7-Zip), delete the binary version of the show (Show.d4b) and then load the updated show file. The console will automatically switch to loading the XML version when it cannot find the binary version of the show and will load in the same way as it would if the show was from an older version of software. When it does this there is a certain amount of clean up that happens which should hopefully reduce the size of the show file the next time you save it.
ArieGroen

Re: Removing/deleting imported Legend pictures

Postby ArieGroen » 15 Jul 2024, 12:18

Thanks Greg.

btw, I noticed that the Trashbin worked the other way around.
So first, " Set Legend" , "Picture", an then select the Trash icon and then select the icons tor delete.
It worked !!!

Cheers,.
Arie