keyframe editor link bpm/speed master+loopable timeline bpm sync+cuelist length in Beats/Measure

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

noobnr39

keyframe editor link bpm/speed master+loopable timeline bpm sync+cuelist length in Beats/Measure

Postby noobnr39 » 24 May 2023, 22:51

hello fellow avo operators,

ive been dying for the function to add a speed/bpm on my keyframe editor, for the creation of during show effects and a way to loop the timeline function and snap and sync it to bpm ( to a set amount of beats/bars )

this last function is my more preferred feature request as it adds a way to do oldschool tapping , recording it, and having some sort of overdub function to use during busking shows ( mostly dance related, but could be used for other stuff too i suppose ),

this idea was sort of a simplification of how an automation track works in a DAW, which to me seems like a logical step into the development in lightning control software, for now i am combining the best functions of the different desks i own but due to the lack of my own programming skills i end up keeping to request a function like this..

( ALSO having the option to set the length of a cue in a cuelist/chases to a certain amount of steps related to BPM would already be extremely helpful to create some supercool effects, ive had an idea to program which i didnt get too, which involves using single shot keyframes in a cuelist to see if the decide the cue length in the cuelist.... )

the quest for a sort of drum computer based lightning control environment would be amazingly cool to me, ( ive gone as far as to reprogram my Roland MC707 to a midi controller and use CC changes to control fader/playback intensities and using midi notes for miditriggering, this way i could live record movements in a BPM synced environment and replay it through the Avolites Pearl Expert console. )

Another thing ive noticed im doing alot is that for each fixture type , even though i use the same shape of keyframes and shapes, i still have to program a layer of, for example. dimmer shapes for each fixture, if there is a workaround for this i would gladly hear about it...
ive not delved deep enough into the show import and fixture exchange options regarding this to make a prefab show, in ma3 i can sort of reuse dimmer shapes ive used before on different fixtures, wheres i feel like i have to take a detour in avolites to get this sort of things working,
i can not quite imagine a workaround yet for, in example , i would program my first layer of a show, lets say, Spots, and i would like to copy all of the dimmer cues/keyframes/shapes ive made for the Spots to for example the Washes and the Beams and w/e....

sorry for being here immediately all like, yeah i would like this and that,, i didnt mean to come over like that hahahaha, ive been working on the avo consoles for a proud 10 years now and this is sort of my summary of the things i would appreciate to be considered for development as a creative extension to an already very creative platform : )

much love to everyone who rocks Avo and thanks to Avo for creating, imo one of the most fun pieces of rock and roll lightning control software there is <3

bit of a chaotic talk here, my apologies, if there is anyone who knows some work arounds for these above mentioned things, please, do share : )