Cue fade in master timer

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Shoeless74

Cue fade in master timer

Postby Shoeless74 » 31 Jan 2023, 17:54

Hello Im new to programing and have a question. I created a bunch of cue lists and they work great. I set the fade in times between all of the cues to 2 seconds. Many times when running the show I need to slow this down so to do this I type in a number on my console before hitting the go button each time. Is there a way that I can create a "master" fade in time button? I like to have one for 5, 10, 15 and 20 seconds and hit this button one time and the fade in time changes to this for all of my cues. If none of these buttons are pressed it is back to the 2 second fade in time. Is this possible?
icke_siegen

Re: Cue fade in master timer

Postby icke_siegen » 03 Feb 2023, 08:40

Unfortunately a global fade time is not available in Titan at the moment. You can, however, achieve something like what you intend with the use of time-only palettes and macros:
  1. you create a time-only palette
  2. you create your cuelist(s) using this palette
  3. you create some macros which change the time of this palette
Now you can fire a macro which changes the palette's time which in turn changes the fade time of the cuelist(s).
Shoeless74

Postby Shoeless74 » 03 Feb 2023, 16:30

Thank you very much for the reply. After reading your suggestion I realized,why not create a simple macro for what I am doing manually. So I recorded a macro with me typing 1 then 0 then the GO button. I put this on one of the Macro buttons on my Tiger touch and it works perfectly! Im going to make a few other times that I use and place them on some of the other macro buttons on my console.

Thanks Again for the help!!!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 03 Feb 2023, 16:49

For a simple fixed look you could also make use of quick palettes: selecting a palette without any fixtures selected which will apply to all fixtures stored in the palette without putting any values in the programmer. This will follow the master palette time which can be set in the palette menu or using built-in factory macros.