AvoKey/Dongle needed for offline programming in 11.4?

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Jetset86

AvoKey/Dongle needed for offline programming in 11.4?

Postby Jetset86 » 13 Sep 2022, 14:02

Do I need a dongle to use version 11.4 on my laptop? I am trying to program shows but do not have access to a console until im on site for work. What's the best way to achieve this?
niclights
The eManual

Re: AvoKey/Dongle needed for offline programming in 11.4?

Postby niclights » 13 Sep 2022, 14:12

You do not need a dongle. To do this you will need to download and install Titan PC Suite v11.4 on a Windows 10 machine then launch Titan Simulator from the start menu. You can then choose which platform you want to simulate. The various consoles have a separate virtual panel representing the physical console. TitanOne has integrated controls which you may find easier to use. When you first launch you will need to license the software which is free and is usually immediate assuming you are connected to the internet. Note there will be an occasional 'spoiler' on the output.
Jetset86

Postby Jetset86 » 13 Sep 2022, 14:30

Thanks for the reply. I am connected to the internet and it says its unable to connect to the titan server.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Sep 2022, 15:08

'Titan Server' is not related to the internet although I can see how it might sound that way. See 'Intel Comman Center Service Prevents Titan from starting' and 'Titan: Grey Pulsing Screen' in the Titan Troubleshooting section of the website. Most likely the former.
Jetset86

Postby Jetset86 » 14 Sep 2022, 00:19

These steps did not work. I still get the pulsing grey screen. I am on windows 10 as well.
Cazzdiva

Postby Cazzdiva » 29 Sep 2022, 18:40

I'm so struggling with this so called free avo simulator, iv done everything, iv checked firewalls etc but still it's asking for the key which apparently is not needed ? where am I going wrong ? Any help please with step by step instructions would be great full even better if a avo tech popped by.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 29 Sep 2022, 19:54

If you are running v11.4 or earlier, you should be able to run Titan Simulator using the green icon in the Start Menu. When it start it will ask you to select which console to simulate, TitanOne is usually the best one to use on PC. When started the first time you might need to agree to a licence agreement and it will then require the software to be unlocked. This can be done by selecting Request Licence followed by either the Internet Activation or Manual Activation option, the former uses your username and password for the Avolites website (the one you use to download software); the latter will display a Computer Key which can be entered in the Titan Simulator Licensing section of this page (you will need to login to the website). You will get a licence file back to unlock the software.

Licensing TitanOne - Pre v12

If you are running v12.0 or later you will require an Editor AvoKey, T1, T2 or Titan Mobile with AvoKey to run Titan Simulator.

Licensing Titan Go - v12 and Above