Venue Mode - Exclusive operation by non techie clients

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

intense-et

Venue Mode - Exclusive operation by non techie clients

Postby intense-et » 20 Jun 2022, 22:50

We have just started using Titan Go with the new venue mode for installations
This is exclusively without any experienced personnel to operate it (and myself to program it)

We have a grid of buttons
some just basic cue's, some as cue lists
Predominantly every cue controls every fixture (And every parameter of every fixture)

I assume I should be programming in fixture mode? Or stage mode?

I had some issues on a project the other day when trying to edit cues within a cue list that included keyframe shapes
Initially I was doing it wrong (I was unfolding the cue list)
But even when doing it the correct way it wasn't without issues - probably my mistakes

Routine to edit the cues within the cue list was (and specifically editing the keyframe shape within that cue) -
1, VIEW and select cue list
2, INCLUDE and select cue to edit
3, click shapes and effects, keyframe shapes, edit
4, edit each frame and replace frames
5, record to same slot and merge

I think one of the issues I was having relates to tracking which maybe I need to disable ? I want each step in the list just to contain what I put in it - nothing more nothing less, and I don't want to include keyframes shapes from previous cues in the list generally

However when merging or replacing the cue the behaviour was not consistent
Sometimes this action caused the whole list to not react as expected any more and its not clear to me why

These are teething problems - I love the software so far and it seems extremely robust, no crashing and once I get to grips with it can see how fast it will be to program complex shows

next purchase Titan Mobile..

Any Help appreciated
Many Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: Venue Mode - Exclusive operation by non techie clients

Postby niclights » 21 Jun 2022, 10:10

Yes, turning off tracking for the cuelist is probably the key here.

Record by fixture isn't essential but might help too.

In record by channel you are recording only values that are in the programmer (ie. where they have been adjusted). Record by fixture will record all values for any fixtures that have been selected, regardless of whether the values have been adjusted or not. For example if your fixtures are already in red and you adjust position and record by channel, moving the fixture to another position and firing the cue will change position, the fixtures are still in red as you haven't changed this and all appears well. But later on you change the fixtures to blue and realise when you fire the cue it only changes the position and the colour stays blue rather than changing to red as you expected. If the cue had been recorded by fixture it would have contained the colour. Of course sometimes it is useful to be able to record only the values in the programmer, particularly intensity level which you might need to raise to see what you are doing but not actually want in the cue. If you use record by channel just be sure to ensure the values you want to record are in the programmer (and those you don't are not).
intense-et

Re: Venue Mode - Exclusive operation by non techie clients

Postby intense-et » 22 Jun 2022, 13:27

niclights wrote:Yes, turning off tracking for the cuelist is probably the key here.

Record by fixture isn't essential but might help too.

In record by channel you are recording only values that are in the programmer (ie. where they have been adjusted). Record by fixture will record all values for any fixtures that have been selected, regardless of whether the values have been adjusted or not. For example if your fixtures are already in red and you adjust position and record by channel, moving the fixture to another position and firing the cue will change position, the fixtures are still in red as you haven't changed this and all appears well. But later on you change the fixtures to blue and realise when you fire the cue it only changes the position and the colour stays blue rather than changing to red as you expected. If the cue had been recorded by fixture it would have contained the colour. Of course sometimes it is useful to be able to record only the values in the programmer, particularly intensity level which you might need to raise to see what you are doing but not actually want in the cue. If you use record by channel just be sure to ensure the values you want to record are in the programmer (and those you don't are not).

Thanks makes sense