New PC Transfer

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

dhurst

New PC Transfer

Postby dhurst » 17 Jan 2022, 21:19

Hello,

I'm wanting to move everything from our current PC running a Titan mobile on Version 10 to a new PC since the original PC is very old now and needs to be updated.

If I copied or cloned the hard drive over to the new hard drive then would everything work properly including the license?

We're still running on Version 10 since there is no reason for us to update for what we do with the console.

Just wanted to ask before spending the time trying to do it.

Thank you
Gregory

Re: New PC Transfer

Postby Gregory » 17 Jan 2022, 21:38

You will probably require a new licence as the hardware fingerprint of the computer will be different. However it is possible to just submit a licence request to the website for the new machine. To do this, install and run the Titan Mobile software and it should prompt you to export the required token file. You might also want to get a licence for Titan Simulator as well if you may want to use the software without the Mobile connected.
dhurst

Re: New PC Transfer

Postby dhurst » 19 Jan 2022, 13:56

Thanks for the reply,

Everything worked fine.

I installed V10 suite on new PC with same OS then went through the new license process that it prompted.

Then copied all of the show files to Usb drive and pasted them in the new PC folders accordingly and all is well!