AvoKey needed for offline programming?

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Jetset86

AvoKey needed for offline programming?

Postby Jetset86 » 23 Nov 2021, 18:13

Greetings,

Do I need to purchase an AvoKey to program offline now? I am hoping to program and upload a showfile into a console that is owned by another production company.
revenant

Re: AvoKey needed for offline programming?

Postby revenant » 23 Nov 2021, 19:23

You would require at least an Editor AvoKey to use v12 and above versions of the PC Suite for your offline programming.

PC Suite v11 still appears to be supported and available for download, v11 does not require an AvoKey, v11 only requires a free licence file issued by Avolites.

Show files are forwards compatible so show files programmed within PC Suite v11 can be loaded on to consoles running v11 or higher versions of Titan.
Jetset86

Postby Jetset86 » 24 Nov 2021, 02:44

revenant wrote:You would require at least an Editor AvoKey to use v12 and above versions of the PC Suite for your offline programming.

PC Suite v11 still appears to be supported and available for download, v11 does not require an AvoKey, v11 only requires a free licence file issued by Avolites.

Show files are forwards compatible so show files programmed within PC Suite v11 can be loaded on to consoles running v11 or higher versions of Titan.

Thanks for the info. It seems that I have to have a console to do this. I do have the show file from the production company but the website is different from the tutorial that they have posted on how to request a license.
revenant

Postby revenant » 24 Nov 2021, 11:40

I assume you are referring to v11? It's been a while since I have installed a version that uses the older licence system so I may be incorrect here, may be someone from Avolites or with more recent familiarity will correct me if I'm wrong or offer some clarity.

The PC Suite installs a number of applications, for your use, you would run the "Titan Simulator" application. I don't recall ever having to have access to a console in order to licence the simulator, I'm fairly certain I always used the "Internet Activation" option which licenced the application automatically.

When you first run Titan Simulator, after selecting the platform you wish to simulate, you'll be asked to agree to the licence terms, after doing so you'll be presented with two options "Request Licence" or "Import Licence", you should choose "Request Licence". Then you'll have two further options "Manual Activation" or "Internet Activation", you should choose "Internet Activation" (assuming the machine you are working with has an active net connection), then you'll be prompted for your username and password (these are the username and password used when registering on the main Avolites website) this should be enough for the licence to be activated.

Keep in mind that although show files are forwards compatible they are not backwards compatible. If the production company has given you a show file, then you will need to use a PC Suite version that is at least equal to the console version that the show file was saved from. If you are transferring the show file <-> from console to PC Suite, the versions of both will need to match.