patch import

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

LGSsupport

patch import

Postby LGSsupport » 04 Oct 2021, 13:01

hello, i have a question. i have a start show file and a file with the patch of a rig. how can i merge this patch with my standart show?
Gregory

Re: patch import

Postby Gregory » 04 Oct 2021, 13:07

You can use the Import function to pull in items from one show into another, you can find this in the Disk menu or in the Show Library window. This includes importing fixtures and patch information however it is not currently possible to import workspaces. When importing fixtures you can choose to map them to existing fixtures in your show, so that playbacks, palettes etc. will link to the existing fixtures or you can import them as entirely new fixtures.
LGSsupport

Postby LGSsupport » 04 Oct 2021, 13:13

okay, but when i import te show with the patch and map the fixtures to existin g fixtures in my standart show nothing changes
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 04 Oct 2021, 13:41

If you link to existing fixtures it will leave the fixture type and DMX address of those fixtures as they are, you would need to import them as new fixtures if you wanted them at be as they were in the imported show (assuming there are no address conflicts). You could try importing any programming you want onto the fixture patch you want to end up with and then either use that show or import that back as new fixtures after deleting the original ones.