Controlling Fan

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

lbon

Controlling Fan

Postby lbon » 09 Sep 2021, 11:33

Good morning everyone.

I want to switch on and off my Hazers using an executor button.

The hazer has two channels: Intensity and Fan Speed.

I have created an executor button with the key profile set to Latch, so when I press it the Hazers switch on and when I press it again, the Hazer switches off.

Unfortunately, the fan speed does not go down to 0 when I press the button again.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Controlling Fan

Postby niclights » 09 Sep 2021, 11:45

The fan speed will be LTP and therefore will stay at the last value set. One solution might be to set the playback to mode 2. It will then return to the previous value when you unlatch (you may need to manually set the fan to zero initially). Or, along similar lines, you could set a release mask on the relevant attribute group for fan (probably intensity). This will cause it to release to the value in the next most recent playback to have been fired that contains the same fixture/control (for example you could have a dummy playback with the fan at zero that is always active) or, if there are none, the default value. If using release it may be helpful to ensure the default value is zero, for example by editing the personality file.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Controlling Fan

Postby niclights » 09 Sep 2021, 12:41

Forgot to say that if you prefer your fan as HTP then another option is to patch as two dimmers instead.