Enttec Elm Software - Pixel Panels

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Al Britts

Enttec Elm Software - Pixel Panels

Postby Al Britts » 23 Jul 2021, 14:08

HI Guys,

I am novice lighting Tech and I am trying to use my Pearl expert to control Enter Elm software top use my home made pixel displays. I have it working but I have a couple of issues. does anyone have experience:

1. when you set a chase on the desk, it scroll through the available scenes in elm to get to the cue 1 scene, then if the scenes aren't located in the elm library next toeach other or in the correct order it scrolls back and forth. Can I set it to 'snap' to the values????

2 Also, I would like the fader that operates the chase to only control intensity?

please help, lost a good day on this now!!!

many thanks
Alan
niclights
The eManual

Re: Enttec Elm Software - Pixel Panels

Postby niclights » 23 Jul 2021, 14:39

1. To snap between steps of a chase set the xfade to 0%.
2. By default playbacks will activate when they reach the trigger point (slightly above zero) and then the level of a playback fader will proportionally control the level of any dimmers recorded.

Are you using the Enttec LED Mapper personality? The media files are all defined as separate fixed functions which means they will snap when moving between steps of a chase regardless of the crossfade setting. For exampe a chase with step 1 = Media A Index Index 1 and step 2 = Media A Index Index 10 will snap from index 1 to index 10 then snap back to index 1 etc. no matter what the chase xfade value is.
Al Britts

Postby Al Britts » 23 Jul 2021, 21:31

Hey, thanks. I am still confused as to how to get the fader input to SNAP two the correct scene, without the scrolling. I managed to get the chase steps to work by zeroing the fade value. Just the damn initial input is a problem???
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Jul 2021, 23:46

Are you using the Enttec LED Mapper personality and are you talking about the Media Index functions?
Al Britts

Postby Al Britts » 24 Jul 2021, 01:15

niclights wrote:Are you using the Enttec LED Mapper personality and are you talking about the Media Index functions?

Hi,

yes and yes.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jul 2021, 10:16

The Media Index functions are not fadeable and should snap regardless. Perhaps you could explain exactly what you are trying to achieve and the way you are currently going about it?
Al Britts

Postby Al Britts » 24 Jul 2021, 23:15

niclights wrote:The Media Index functions are not fadeable and should snap regardless. Perhaps you could explain exactly what you are trying to achieve and the way you are currently going about it?

HI,

you get 15 control addresses for each 'stage' in Elm. so to select a media in Elm, you need the remote fader at 100% the intensity up and speed too, then you use the media fader to locate the require media. this means moving through the media library. this means when you save the scene to a fader, you activate the fader and the initial media is found after scrolling through the library.

this causes the screens to display everything in the library before say media 42, quickly but its displayed. I want the fader to snap to say media 42 as the fader is activated.

any ideas????
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Jul 2021, 11:05

It might be easier if I can see what you are doing. If you can send me a simple showfile demonstrating the problem I will be happy to take a look. nick dot morris at avolites dot com.