receiving a dongle

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

SheafSt

receiving a dongle

Postby SheafSt » 09 Feb 2021, 14:53

Hey there,

I work for a venue which setup avolites before I arrived here, I'm trying to update the software but apparently, there should be a dongle that has our licensing on it, no one who works here has any recollection of a dongle and I can't seem to find any licensing stored in a file anywhere, are dongles a recent adaptation to licensing? I've messaged support but no reply hopefully someone on here can clarify for me where I can locate the details..

We have a titan mobile desk running avolites titan 10.1

Thanks for your help,

Rufus, Sheaf St
icke_siegen

Re: receiving a dongle

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Feb 2021, 20:31

Hi Rufus,

for version 10.1 as like as for any version until 11.4 the licence is issued as file, and is valid for a particular combination of Titan Mobile and computer. If you want to run the Mobile with a different computer you need to get a new licence which you easily get at https://www.avolites.com/software/licensing (you need to create yourself an account there, which requires only an email address).

If you want to go to a newer version (currently v14 is the latest stable, and v15 is in public beta) you need an external AvoKey which is a hardware dongle - you get it at your local Avoliites distributor or in Avolites webshop). This needs to be licenced together with your Mobile, and would then run with this Mobile on any computer, without relicensing.

Sebastian