Midi driver for AVO

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Alexius3

Midi driver for AVO

Postby Alexius3 » 22 Jul 2020, 09:51

I just interested. Since v13 of Titan PC Suite we have a possibility to send midi from Titan mobile using macros. But why i cant i see avo devises in system like a midi device? It would be mutch easier to integrate AVO with other equipment and software.
icke_siegen

Re: Midi driver for AVO

Postby icke_siegen » 22 Jul 2020, 16:17

Actually sending MIDI had been working long before, but only through the hardware MIDI ports at your Avo hardware, i.e. any console which has a 5pin MIDI out. This hardware is being handled by USB expert which makes this rather direct from Titan to the hardware, without any further drivers.

I guess you are referring to sending MIDI via USB. This is now being done through the standard Windows MIDI interface (I believe this is part of DirectX). Couldn't be much easier. if you want to connect another MIDI device then either talk to it directly or use something like loopMIDI. You may also have a look at the Wiki where I try to collect such uses: https://www.avolites.de/wiki/external:start
Alexius3

Postby Alexius3 » 07 Sep 2020, 20:56

icke_siegen wrote:Actually sending MIDI had been working long before, but only through the hardware MIDI ports at your Avo hardware, i.e. any console which has a 5pin MIDI out. This hardware is being handled by USB expert which makes this rather direct from Titan to the hardware, without any further drivers.

I guess you are referring to sending MIDI via USB. This is now being done through the standard Windows MIDI interface (I believe this is part of DirectX). Couldn't be much easier. if you want to connect another MIDI device then either talk to it directly or use something like loopMIDI. You may also have a look at the Wiki where I try to collect such uses: https://www.avolites.de/wiki/external:start

Starting from version 12, midi signal reception via usb is really well implemented. I am also interested in sending a midi signal from the console, in particular titan mobile. But it doesn't have a physical midi output. Today, thanks to your website)), I know a way to send a midi signal from the console using macros. But this method is only suitable for macro buttons. It remains to resolve the issue with faders. There may be a way to write a macro to send midi when a playback is triggered. Then you could record for example an empty playback and when you raise fader its value would be sent by midi?
Alexius3

Postby Alexius3 » 08 Sep 2020, 11:58

Although it is quite inconvenient to send a midi signal from the console, there is an elegant way to turn the console into a midi controller. This requires third-party QLC+software. A special feature of this software is its ability to convert incoming signals, namely artnet signal to midi. You just need to patch the required number of dimmers on the universe that will be converted to midi. After that, you need to save the cue to the fader and buttons that should send the midi signal. It is important to know that each cue must use a separate dimmer, such as cue 1-dimmer 1, cue 2-dimmer 2, and so on. Once everything is ready, the third-party software will be able to receive the midi signal for control. To transmit the artnet and midi signal, you will need to install a virtual network adapter and a virtual midi port (loopmidi or rtpmidi if the midi signal needs to be sent to another computer over a local network). You can see a similar example on my instagram - @alekseyrybalchenko