Avo Key with titan mobile and simulator

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

raystream

Avo Key with titan mobile and simulator

Postby raystream » 21 Oct 2019, 20:14

I own a titan mobile and want to buy the avo key to use v12.
Now i have a question.
Whe i activate the key with my mobile i can use v12 when the key and the mobile is connected to my Laptop.
But can i use the simulator when i Only connect the key or do i have to connect the mobile too?
Would be good to sometimes use the Laptop with Only the key connected for preprogramming.

Thanks
RayStream media

www.raystream.de
Gregory

Re: Avo Key with titan mobile and simulator

Postby Gregory » 22 Oct 2019, 13:10

If you are using Simulator you do not need to have the Titan Mobile connected but an AvoKey must be connected for the Titan software to run. Note that you will need to have gone through the licensing process with the Titan Mobile connected to initialise the AvoKey before it can be used with Titan Simulator (or the Titan Mobile software).
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 22 Oct 2019, 21:12

So are you saying that you have to own a Titan Mobile (or Titan 1 or 2) to use the simulator? I have friends that have been using the simulator to learn how to use the software... it's been a great learning tool for them and I would hate for them to not have access to it.

Thank you
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 22 Oct 2019, 22:20

No, you do not require a Titan Mobile, T1 or T2 to run Titan Simulator. You will however require a licensed AvoKey to run Simulator, if you do not have one of the previous devices you can purchase an Editor AvoKey which can be used on its own to run Titan Simulator. The Editor AvoKey also allows you to output a single universe using the Titan Go application via Art-Net, sACN or using an original TitanOne. Further details can be found on the AvoKey page.