Edit Windows registry to move Titan file

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Judge

Edit Windows registry to move Titan file

Postby Judge » 09 Aug 2019, 10:02

On my last PC setup running Windows 7 I was a bit hampered by the fact that Titan needs to run in full admin mode, so I could not use it with a standard Windows user account.
So somebody, I think it was Greg, explained how I could modify the registry so that I now have a folder in D: called Avo that contains all my Titan files and other data.
I have just put in a new system drive with a fresh copy of Windows 10. And I cannot remember which reg keys I have to change.
Or is this not necessary in W10?
Thank
SuongSuong9x

Re: Edit Windows registry to move Titan file

Postby SuongSuong9x » 29 Aug 2019, 15:56

Where are registry files stored?
icke_siegen

Re: Edit Windows registry to move Titan file

Postby icke_siegen » 30 Aug 2019, 07:11

The original question has been asked and answered in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Avolite ... 926593002/

Essentially the folders for Macros, Shows and user personalities are set in HKCU\Software\Avolites\Titan (if you don't know what HKCU is then this is not for you).

The registry is a windows mechanism to store many system and program settings - SuongSuong9x, if you are interested in any registry-related things then you should look in some windows-related forums/platforms. Titan simply uses it as like as any other Windows program.