Blackout

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

AREC

Blackout

Postby AREC » 10 Jul 2019, 22:48

Greetings AVO members! Starting up my first post here, for future advice. I'm one of those trusty sound guys who's been patient with learning the intricacies of controlled lighting. A lot has been collected as far skills of learning this advanced console, for some one who started out at zero.

BUT I'm not trying to give you my story, I just needed to ask a stupid question. So at the venue I work at they equipped us with a titan mobile console and a windows go tablet. Beforehand we had a simple dmx board that we could simply blackout after we were done. But after installing our new console permanently, I haven't been able to find out how can I leave the venue with confidence that the dmx won't lose itself and start getting all the lights to go crazy. At first I just left the tablet on the software overnight and changed the tablet setting to never sleep after away, but that doesn't work.

Should it be that I need a killswitch to turn off the lights, or is there something I'm missing? I figured everyone left the power on all the time, maybe thats not normal....