Peri_95

Titan personality for EUROLITE LED Pixel Tube 360°

Postby Peri_95 » 14 Jun 2019, 21:21

Dear Avolites community,

I need to make a personality for the following fixture:
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn51928781 ... t-dmx.html

This is a pixel master for the Eurolite led pixel Tubes:
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn51928790 ... ar-1m.html

The thing is, I've never had any experience with the pixel based fixtures. Even if I make the personality correctly, I don't know how I am going to control it (what to use in the software for the best effect).
That information would be helpful as well.

So, as you can see in the manual on the website, it has many modes, but should I go for 480 channel mode in order to control it with Titan?
If so, I would have to build it cell-based, right?
I mean, 7 channel mode could work as well, but it has built in programs (and we all know how internal programs look like).

If you have any more information about it, I would be really thankful, because I am little in a hurry with it (it will be used in less than one week).

Best regards and thank you,
Peri_95
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan personality for EUROLITE LED Pixel Tube 360°

Postby niclights » 14 Jun 2019, 23:57

I don't have the time to go into the details of how to create a personality for this at the moment but if you submit a new request via the form on the personality website here I will arrange to add a personality to the library for you.

From a factory personality perspective I would probably look to produce one for the controller containing all of the modes and then a separate one for the 1m tube with modes that contain just one tube. For example instead of the 480 channel mode (10 x 16 RGB) I would create a 48 channel mode representing a single tube (1x 16 RGB). The logic being that if you wanted to pixel map you would need the ability to layout the tubes individually, as opposed to one single 160 pixel fixture. This would also lend itself to integrated Capture Visualiser simulation as it would be an actual fixture compared to a PSU which is not and cannot be simulated.

Regarding which mode to use and how to control I would suggest this mostly boils down to deciding between full control over the pixels - ie. 16x RGB for the 1m tube (indlucing pixel mapping or shapes etc.) or if you want the ability to use the strobe function. The options don't appear to allow for both. So if you want strobe then it looks like you will be relying on the built-in effects instead. Of course channels/universes might be a limiting factor too. I would say most people would probably opt for the pixels if they are not restricted with channels (or perhaps if they are using a Classic console).
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 15 Jun 2019, 02:07

Thank you niclights,

I've understood what you mean. I think that for me the best option would be to use your way, just for 32Channel mode (I will make seperate dimmer and shutter channel in one fixture and than each tube in 3 channels). They've said that 2D mapping would be enough for this case and Titan pixel mapper can do it really well.
As I've researched a little, the only way to do that properly in 3D would be Madrix and we don't have that yet.

Can you just tell me, because I want to make the other mode too (7Channels), how to make dependent channel in personality builder? (I mean the functions on one channel change regarding the setting on some other channel, you can see in the manual of the PSU that I've mentioned before, if you want).

Best regards,
Peri_95
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Jun 2019, 09:02

You can change functions of one control depending on another by using conditions. For examples take a look at the gobos in a typical moving spot (usually fixed/shake/scroll).
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 16 Jun 2019, 17:28

Got it, thank you for the information!

Regards,
Peri_95