Looking for a 10 Fader Midi Controller

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

lopesmacp

Looking for a 10 Fader Midi Controller

Postby lopesmacp » 02 Sep 2018, 01:03

Im looking for an at least 10 Fader midi controller for TitanOne. I know there are previous posts about this, but they are usually with 8 faders. I would really much want a 10 Fader (or more) one. so this is what im looking:

10 Faders
2 buttons on top of each fader (Flash Swop)
Extra buttons for macros and executors
Weels and Numpad is not mandatory but if its there, better.

Anything there?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Looking for a 10 Fader Midi Controller

Postby niclights » 02 Sep 2018, 09:48

TitanOne does not support MIDI. Titan Mobile has everything you are looking for.
lopesmacp

Postby lopesmacp » 02 Sep 2018, 12:30

it does with osimidi.

The problem with titan mobile is that i dont have a minimal change to pay 3500€ for one
lopesmacp

Postby lopesmacp » 03 Sep 2018, 02:33

anyone else?
htevents

Postby htevents » 11 Sep 2018, 16:24

Well, it seems like when you start about OSImidi on this forum, they stop responding.

Ofcourse Avolites doesn't support that software and some users seems to have stability problems, but if it works fine, why spending 3,5 grand.

Avolites can make themselfs a profit by selling a midi unlock code or device (like Chamsys does), but for a decent price.

Avolites is a very great company and they make very, very good consoles and the software is everything I need, but it is from low range price to mid-high price to high-end price, but not a low-mid range price.
If midi is unlocked for let's say €200 or less, I would buy that unlock straight away and I know at least a few people who will do the same. I don't understand why it looks like they don't want the less demanding users as customer and only the high end users. The're more less demanding users out there (who now will use Sunlight or Freestyler as control software or something alike), but they are potential Avolites customers when they have some cheaper options for having midi hardware control.
lopesmacp

Postby lopesmacp » 11 Sep 2018, 22:18

its not really a case of "if it works fine". Right now i have only 2 options. Either i get a midi controller, or i have to take down the quality of my shows in order to make something simpler so I can use with just a PC.

Its not that i dont want to buy a 3000€ console. Its that i don't have a minimal change to do it. When i get an average of 400€ a month, there's no way i can afford that. And with this only 2 options, avolites will not profit in any way as well.
Actually if im able to get a midi controller, i would be able to put up with better shows and then make more money from it, and buy a mobile, and who knows, even a Tiger. Because i know im limited with a midi controller, and i like to support the relevant software that i use. So i can look at this midi controller as a "middle step" to something more definitive.

So looks like we are reaching a step here that is all business and no actual help. Something like: "either i will get some money from this, or i will not help you", and it shouldn't be this way either. Especially when there is no real harm done. Afterall this is for Art, and art should be the most human condition, right?
The weirdest part from all of this, is that there is a very similar thread but they are speaking of 8 faders controllers, and there are a lot of suggestions there...
MD@Avolites

Postby MD@Avolites » 13 Sep 2018, 11:55

Dear All, just to keep you all in the loop, here at Avolites we're constantly monitoring your feedback and comments which does get fed into our ideas and initiative reviews. On this particular topic the good news is we do have a solution registered in our program of works, however I'm not at this point able to provide a date but definitely within the 2019 calendar year. I realise this does not help you right now but I thought it would be good that you know we're listening and we do value the feedback and comments posted by our users...

On a separate note we do have the facility on our website for users to ask for particular feature, other users also have the ability to vote for the features that they would like to see in Titan.... our plan is to implement a number of the highest rated each version release. Thanks once again...
htevents

Postby htevents » 14 Sep 2018, 09:34

@ MD@Avolites, it seems like very good news.
Can you give us a little hint about what functions are going to be available with midi?
I guess, you can play out Osimidi, by doing it yourself with a licence, but fully supported by Avolites.

I
MD@Avolites

Postby MD@Avolites » 14 Sep 2018, 15:49

Functionality will be similar as we provide on our console range...... if there is anything particular you would like to have then please let us know... I can't guarantee anything but it would certainly be considered by the Avolites team....
Meanguns

Postby Meanguns » 14 Sep 2018, 21:59

The Mobile is the way to go. Save up and get one.