Help with Chauvet Intimidator Hybrid 140SR

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

acetaxidriver

Help with Chauvet Intimidator Hybrid 140SR

Postby acetaxidriver » 11 May 2018, 16:49

Hi.

I have a doubt:
Using Chauvet Intimidator Hybrid 140SR in Capture Visualiser and applying PRISM 2 (linear prism) I get this:

Then I apply different PRISM 2 SPIN to the fixtures {Prism 2 = Spin CW / Spin CCW} and go back to "no spin" {Prism 2 = pris}, the fixtures are not aligned, they stop on last rotation position.
Not even going {Prism 2 = open} and {Prism 2 = prism} go back to original aligned position.
Since there is no PRISM 2 INDEXING, I would like to know if is a Capture Visualiser bug or real moving head bug.

Someone who uses this moving head could help.

Titan v10.1 with TitanFixtureLibrary of May 11 2018
Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: Help with Chauvet Intimidator Hybrid 140SR

Postby niclights » 11 May 2018, 17:35

Unfortunately Chauvet have not described how this works so I cannot say if it is correct or not. In the absence of more detail I suspect it is just the way Capture have chosen to implement it.

If you or anyone else has access to the real-world fixtures and can confirm how it actually behaves (if different) then I will see if it is possible to change it. Note that if it does go to a fixed indexed position then if it is to be accurate then we will need to know exactly what that position is with a fixed reference point (usually by specifying pan/tilt values, most likely in combination with pan/tilt calibration information). Sadly very few fixture manufacturers all the details.
acetaxidriver

Postby acetaxidriver » 22 Jun 2018, 13:19

Hi.

Finally I have access to a real fixture of Intimidator Hybrid 140SR.
The linear prism, after applying [Prism 2 spin] and stopping spin with [Prism 2 Prism] the prism, stops where it was in spin mode, no return to initial position.
Applying a [Reset all] it seems to rotate 90º and [Reset Prism] rotate 45º.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Jun 2018, 13:45

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this and feed back.

It sounds from your description that the current simulation is correct (where 'no spin' = stop at current position).

I don't think there is any way to simulate the reset action at the moment, not least beacuse it is a fixture level function. Even if you could somehow use the control channel function it would not account for local changes (for example reset all or reset prism from the fixture menu or a power cycle). This is a general problem where attribute behaviour changes depending on fixture level controls. Realistically you would need some sort of feedback from the fixture to confirm its current state.

However, in this case I don't think it is a significant issue. I would suggest the main visualisation requirements (in order of importance) are to be able to determine whether a prism is engaged or not, whether it is spinning, in which direction and with the ability to see a difference in spin speed where the high and low speeds are oriented correctly. Ideally the directions and spin speeds would also be calibrated but this detail is rarely available in my experience.

As for the difference between reset all and reset prism this sounds strange. I don't know if that's deliberate or a mistake in the firmware but it seems odd as the process of recalibrating would almost certainly be the same (rotate until a magnetic or optical device is detected).