Cue Timings

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Wayneskie

Cue Timings

Postby Wayneskie » 07 Mar 2018, 14:22

I'm going over a few things but in finer detail. Cues Timings.

Delay in, Fade in seem obvious. Delay out and fade out, no so obvious - especially when used with autoload or when a group of fixtures have a staggered fixture order. Do the timing in the cue list override a previous cues timings and fixture order? Add Fixture Overlap and Tracking into the mix....

Is their a definitive explanation or video of these items anywhere? All the videos etc. I have found just brush over the topic with "you can play with timings to create some interesting looks". Full Stop.

Some diagrams or detailed explanation would be useful. Any ideas?
Wayneskie

Re: Cue Timings

Postby Wayneskie » 07 Mar 2018, 14:24

Following On -

So on a fader cue I have a very simple (12 of Source 4's) fade in over 2 seconds - fixture order 1-12. They peel in over two seconds. I drop the fader on they peel out over 1 second. Very simple, very effective.

I now place that in a cue list and to achieve the peel in I have to set fixture overlap to 0, then give a fade in of 2 seconds. OK No problem. I then want them to peel out??

I can't seem to make this happen and I think I am missing a basic building block of cue lists... frustrating.

:( :(
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Mar 2018, 14:36

Overlap on fade out is a bug and hopefully should be fixed in the next version.
Wayneskie

Postby Wayneskie » 07 Mar 2018, 14:43

A Ha so there we go....

better stop trying for the moment then..
Wayneskie

Postby Wayneskie » 07 Mar 2018, 19:04

So I created a seven step cue list. I used fixture offset to peel in the fixtures in various combinations. I 'accepted' that the fixtures will not peel out, but will just fade out as one block.

I then landed on a final cue which is my look for the scene. The first seven steps are an intro into the 'scene' if you like.

I then decided I wanted to double the intro section to 14 steps before landing in my 'scene' cue.
I pressed copy and selected my 7 intro cues, I then placed (pasted) them after these initial seven cues by using the add function within the playback view, giving me 14 cues in total.
I manually moved my big final scene cue to the last position.

I was very pleased with myself.

However I then discovered that the second set of intro cues would not do the peeling in effect like the first seven. All parameters look the same and I have tried to re-edit them to be the same.

Is this another bug?

Thanks
W.
Wayneskie

Postby Wayneskie » 07 Mar 2018, 19:09

Just tried copying cue list to another fader cue. It seems the copy function will not reproduce the fixture order peel in effect.

It's such a shame, because the peel in effect is so gratifying..
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Mar 2018, 20:15

Yes, unfortunately this is a bug. Fixed in next version.

In the meantime you can work around this by including each cue and appending one at a time (the timing will need to be set separately).