Pearl Expert simulator problem

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Lonemetalman

Pearl Expert simulator problem

Postby Lonemetalman » 04 Jul 2017, 12:53

Hi, i'm new at the titan software and had recently to work a show with a pearl expert with NO experience in it. Having years of experience in the pearl 2004/2008/2010 console i managed (with a couple of quick phone calls) to work the show as i would with a pearl 2010 console. This experience set me off to learning the titan software but the problem is, since i am a freelancer i do not have the possibility to train on a console. I downloaded the simulator but i can't open the show i saved on my pen drive and i want to program some more stuff on it as i will soon be using the pearl expert again for the same show. Do i need to have some kind of Avolites product (ex: dongle) or can i run the saved show on my laptop and then just load it to the expert? The software only lets me open a demo show :(
Thanks for the help.
Gregory

Re: Pearl Expert simulator problem

Postby Gregory » 04 Jul 2017, 13:10

The Titan Simulator software will allow you to load, edit and save Titan show files from consoles. The only limitation of the Simulator software is that it sends random DMX values periodically to prevent it from being used to run a show. Note that newer show files cannot be loaded by older software versions, however this does not stop them being listed when going to the Disk > Load Show menu.

Do you know what version of software you were running on the Pearl Expert? If you browse the USB stick on your computer can you see your show file and what file extension (file type) it has?
Lonemetalman

Postby Lonemetalman » 04 Jul 2017, 13:59

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I think the console was running the version 9 (or 9.1?). Also the extension of the file is d4z.
I can't browse the file on my computer. As i said i just installed the software. Is there something i might have forgotten to update or do?
The version i'm running is the 10.1 so it should be ok to load..
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Jul 2017, 14:10

With the Usb stick inserted press the DISK button and then select [Load Show] from the softkey menu. You should then have a softkey option for [Internal Drive] or [Removable Drive]. If you select [Removable Drive] you should find your show listed on the softkeys. Does that work?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 04 Jul 2017, 14:16

If you have just started the software for the first time it may display the message Failed to load show on startup. and give options to start a new show or load a show from the hard drive. In this menu it does not include shows from external drives so your best course of action is to start a new show and then use the Disk menu as Nic described above.
Lonemetalman

Postby Lonemetalman » 04 Jul 2017, 14:18

niclights wrote:With the Usb stick inserted press the DISK button and then select [Load Show] from the softkey menu. You should then have a softkey option for [Internal Drive] or [Removable Drive]. If you select [Removable Drive] you should find your show listed on the softkeys. Does that work?

Oh! I was trying to access the file on my computer hard drive.. As soon as i used the show saved on my pen drive it loaded with no trouble. I didn't know the show can only be accessed on the usb drive.. :P
Thanks a lot to both for the help and replies!! :)