Slow response after adding more lights

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

naterosso

Slow response after adding more lights

Postby naterosso » 11 Mar 2017, 12:25

I'm running titan mobile with a lenovo i5 3ghz 12gb Ram, no other programs run in the background, the laptop is strictly for lights. So occasionally I ran into this problem when I updated to version 10, but now i added a lot of led pixels, its constant. Basically I run into the problem every time I try to Pixel Map a lot of fixtures, by a lot I mean >+400 pixels, which really isn't a lot, but I wonder what is the max that mobile can handle?
The titan server running in the background will max out my processor speed, will just make the mobile software run slow and or crash the output signal to dmx out of the board. Can someone explain what "Titan Server" is? I assume its what is pushing signal to the board.... I have both titan mobile and titan server running in the background, titan mobile runs good and never hits max.

I'm wondering if you all thought I need a computer now with a higher processor speed? or if there was a update for the server I missed? Or if you think its a bandwidth issue and I should buy equipment to output with artnet? Thanks for your thoughts

~ Nate
clublights

Re: Slow response after adding more lights

Postby clublights » 15 Mar 2017, 16:58

Does the computer have an SSD or a "spinny" hard drive?

SSD is required for V10 or you will experience lag issues like you have described.

Titan Server is the base software.... Titan Mobile is the interface.
clublights

Postby clublights » 15 Mar 2017, 17:02

Also you can send me your show file and I can take a look at it on my machines see if it maxes me out ..

kade (at) g1limited.com
naterosso

Postby naterosso » 16 Mar 2017, 11:13

After I posted this i read a bunch of other related posts. I don't have a ssd drive, I have one on order currently, hopefully that fixes all. Usually updates don't require hardware changes... in this case it did, I just didn't pay any attention. Thanks For the help!!!, I'll let you know if I still have the lag issues after i install the ssd.
naterosso

Postby naterosso » 20 Mar 2017, 21:47

Clublights,

So I updated the hard drive to a ssd, and it seems to have fixed a lot of the issues, all but 1. If I select a group of fixture, click on attributes and run my cursor through the colors, it is still majorly delayed (so bad that if I right click and move fast and all around, that the cursor will keep moving around for a few secs without my hand on the mouse). Now if i bring the color dimmer down to almost black it will respond fast. But if I'm pixel mapping, it'll respond fast all the time.....its soo weird. I'm guessing I can't change colors fast anymore in attributes.... I don't know, anyone else have that problem? Appreciate the help
clublights

Postby clublights » 20 Mar 2017, 21:49

What video card does your machine have ?