Tracking is make my head hurt

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

naterosso

Tracking is make my head hurt

Postby naterosso » 31 Dec 2016, 14:34

I'm sure there is a easier way of doing this. I'm still learning but I'm Starting to get into more complex shows, how do you save just how the lights are running on stage in a cue? without spending hours turning shapes off you don't want tracked through to the next cue in a cuelist? On basic shows where i don't change shapes to often its simple. I mean some shapes I want tracked through, its crazy to think i have to go back thru entire shows and block shapes in cues, tell me there is a better easier way? Thank for any help!!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Tracking is make my head hurt

Postby niclights » 01 Jan 2017, 10:42

You can set the tracking mode to [Block Shapes] at the point of recording a cue by pressing the [Tracking = ] softkey in the 'Record Cue List' menu. This will block all shapes for the cue.

Alternatively you can block shapes by attribute group at the point of recording by pressing the wheel @ key (or center of the wheel display in TitanOne) then the Shape button which will reveal [Block Shape] and [Unblock Shape] softkeys. Double-tapping the shape button will shortcut to [Block Shape]. Where an attribute block has been set it will appear as a watermark in the wheel display.

After recording you can stop individual shapes from tracking by toggling the tracking switch (T/B) next to the shape in playback view.