Art 2000 anomoly

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Tumbleweed

Art 2000 anomoly

Postby Tumbleweed » 14 Jan 2014, 10:26

howdy

I have an art 2000 dimmer rack.

Two of the dimmers quit working, so I pulled the module. I found one burned 120v wire for dimmer 10, which took out the control signal wire for dimmer 9, which explains why they didn't work anymore.

Since I didn't have my wire repair kit with me, I removed the offending burned 120v wire and slid the module back into place.

When I turned the power back on to the rack, none of the dimmers on the rack I checked worked. The module is in the proper position, all of it's indicator lights on dimmers that have a load are on, and they turn off when I turn off the breakers for those channels and/or channel groups.

this is weird! Has anyone seen this issue before?

(I haven't swapped modules around- I'm kind of scared to do that at this point!)
icke_siegen

Re: Art 2000 anomoly

Postby icke_siegen » 14 Jan 2014, 20:18

Hiya,

I fear you'll get only limited support here since this forum is dedicated to the consoles, and the dimmer guys are simply not present here that regularly. Hence, I'd strongly recommend to be in touch with your local Avo distributor, or Avolites London. A burned power wire usually doesn't just burn without reason - I would have someone authorized do a full check, to find out what the cause might be, and check all other wires in the chain, in particular the patch.

However, if you are in really urgent need, e.g. on tour with no assistance around:
1) remove all 4 modules, power the rack up, and see if the CPU behaves correctly
2) then, switch off the rack, fit the two modules which are fine into their slots, power up the rack, and see if those modules work okay

Everything else cannot be recommended, withot knowing anything else. E.g. you could fit the working modules into the other trays and see if those work. But again, I'd urgently seek assistance, and have a full check-up of the rack.

Please know that this is no official Avolites advice - I am just a user (and employee of an Avo distributor)