strobe on fader

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

brian

strobe on fader

Postby brian » 02 Dec 2013, 15:01

Okay so I'm trying to save a strobe scene to a fader but it's not working as planned! what I've done is save a strobe cue on a fader set the fader to mode 3 but once the fader is in motion the cue will not fire until i let go the fader. What could the problem be? I've tried it on the tiger touch and the sapphire touch and got the same results
hjige

Re: strobe on fader

Postby hjige » 15 Jan 2014, 10:40

Have you tried mode 2?
niclights
The eManual

Re: strobe on fader

Postby niclights » 15 Jan 2014, 10:58

Mode 3 is a crossfade cue. But, assuming this is deliberate, it should still work although it would mean you would need to have intensity stored in the cue too unless it is coming from an active playback elsewhere that is set to a higher priority than the mode 3 playback. If your intention is just to have variable shutter rate on fader then you should be using mode 2 as suggested.

The only other thing I can think of is that the fixture does not output while the shutter is being adjusted. This is quite common. I'm fairly sure all the Varilite fixtures insist on waiting for a shutter value to remain for a second or so before they output. Whenever you adjust the shutter it closes.