Problem locating fixture for sharpy.

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

yun

Problem locating fixture for sharpy.

Postby yun » 21 May 2013, 06:12

Noticed a problem on the titan consoles.

Whenever i try to locate fixture for sharpies, it will automatically lamp off the light.

Any ways to clear this problem?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Problem locating fixture for sharpy.

Postby niclights » 21 May 2013, 13:57

I can't see any way this can happen.

The personality is correct. Relevant factory locate values are as follows:

dimmer @ 100% (channel offset 3 @ DMX 255)
shutter @ Open (channel offset 2 @ DMX 104-107)
control @ Safe (channel offset 16 @ DMX 0-25)

These match the fixture manual. Even if there was an error in the control channel mapping or you set a custom locate function (ie. to 'Lamp Off') it would still not turn the lamp off because this requires specific timing to prevent accidental selection (channel offset 16 @ DMX 26-100 for at least 5 sec followed by DMX 0-25).

Does this occur for all your Sharpies? Is it definitely lamping off or is it shutter or dimmer? Does it occur if you start a new show and patch?
Check dmx levels being sent on locate by viewing the DMX output workspace. If the locate values are wrong it is possible they have been changed within the show. You can set locate values by pressing Record followed by Locate.
yun

Postby yun » 23 May 2013, 03:34

Yes it happens for all my sharpies and only on the titan software.

No such problem occurs on the pearl 2010.
Checked, it's lamping off and not the dimmer or shutter problem.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 May 2013, 12:49

Please ensure the personality library is up-to-date and then try patching in a new show. Does it still happen?
yun

Postby yun » 27 May 2013, 03:22

yeap, personality updated, new show loaded, tried again, still happens.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 May 2013, 14:06

Unfortunately I'm running out of ideas. Occuring on multiple fixtures should eliminate fixture fault and working on Classic but not Titan suggests everything else is correct. Yet they both have the same locate values and, as I explained earlier, it would be impossible to invoke a lamp off anyway, regardless of values because the fixture requires a timed sequence and locate cannot do this. Furthermore there must be a lot of people out there who have used Sharpy's on Titan but as far as I'm aware none have reported this issue. There were even some units at Avo giving a rare option to test the factory personality against a real fixture.

All I can suggest is you double-check your modes and addressing. Try patching and connecting just one fixture at DMX 001 and see if it still happens.