Grand Master, BMP Master etc on DMX In

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

Robertvanspijk

Grand Master, BMP Master etc on DMX In

Postby Robertvanspijk » 25 Nov 2012, 14:23

Hello,

Last night I tried the DMX IN function with a small six channel dmx controller,
It worked, but thats all I can say, the values were not very accurate and very "shocky" is this normal? the "learn" mode was on.

Besides that, is it possible to control the grand master with a DMX Input?
I tried mapping the grand master to a playback button, which worked. After that, I made a DMX trigger for the playback button. But this didn't work!

It's a shame that there is no function where you can set a playback to remember its value when a fader on an other page is changed. Or is there?

I'm using a titan mobile.

Sorry for my question not being very clear haha.

Greetz Robert
icke_siegen

Re: Grand Master, BMP Master etc on DMX In

Postby icke_siegen » 25 Nov 2012, 14:43

Robertvanspijk wrote:It worked, but thats all I can say, the values were not very accurate and very "shocky" is this normal? the "learn" mode was on.

You should check which DMX values Titan reads in USB Expert. With such small controllers, it's not unlikely they send not the full DMX frames. Also, it's recommendable to use a separate ground connection when using DMX In on the mobile.

Robertvanspijk wrote:After that, I made a DMX trigger for the playback button. But this didn't work!

I haven't tried triggering Masters yet, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work. However, when triggering something on a button, usually you must set the trigger target to 'item' (default is hardware), and function to 'set level'. Maybe this is the problem here.