64 bit software compatability

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

lighttch

64 bit software compatability

Postby lighttch » 11 Dec 2009, 19:56

Just wondering if there is a version of the Diamopnd 4 Desktop, and Pearl simulator in the works that would be compatable with 64 bit operating systems.

Thanks,
Andrew
JCastTouring

Postby JCastTouring » 03 Jan 2011, 12:09

I am curious about this too- does the Diamond 4 desk top work for 64 bit Windows Vista now (a year later)? How much does it roughly cost for software and usb->DMX converter w/ wing controller?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Jan 2011, 14:11

I can't answer your question but regarding PC control I would suggest looking at the new Titan Mobile.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 04 Jan 2011, 15:13

The following software has been tested to work on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (including 64 bit version):

Diamond 4 v2.4 (simulator only)
Pearl 2004 Simulator
Visualiser 7.15

To install Diamond 4 or Pearl 2004 Simulator:
1. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator.
2. Right click on the installer and select 'Properties'.
3. Select the 'Compatibility' tab.
4. Tick the box to run in compatibility mode and select 'Windows XP' as the operating system.
5. Click OK.
6. Run the installer (a box may appear asking if you trust the program to run, you will have to click 'Allow' to continue)

It is advisable to run the software with administrator privileges (and "Disable desktop composition" for Diamond 4) which can be set by right clicking on the application icon, selecting 'Properties' and ticking the box in the 'Compatibility' tab.

The Diamond 4 software will not be able to output DMX using an Ez-DMX box, however it can be used as a simulator or to output DMX via Art-Net.

We are testing Titan Mobile to work with Windows 7 64 bit and various other systems which will provide a portable controller and DMX outputs to attach to laptop PCs.