Art 2000i hard power?

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

ajh51

Art 2000i hard power?

Postby ajh51 » 16 Nov 2009, 13:11

My venue (a church) has a 48 way art 2000i install with patch bay. From the patch bay the channels are distributed to our lighting bars via 8 Soca runs.

This works fine for our generic stock but occasionally we have folk visiting us with intelligent lighting that requires hard non-dimmed power and we are also considering acquiring some LED RGB fixtures which will also require hard power.

Without running long extensions cables to the lighting bars, how can I best achieve this with my setup? In other venues I've worked in (which have been much older installs with 15A patch panels) I could patch the 15A plug tails directly into my distro, totally missing out the dimmer rack. Obviously I can't do this with the art 2000i because the Wieland patch connectors are only 2 pole.

I've noticed that some of the touring art dimmers include the option to patch in power from directly after the breaker, but as far as I can see the 2000i doesn't support this?

Apologies if this is a really obvious question - I'm really more of a noise-boy and this is the first time I've been responsible for an Avo install.

Many thanks,
Andy Howlett.