Running Titan 1 and Titan suite on a Mac

For anything that doesn't belong in the other boards

Moderator: Moderators

stevethurks

Running Titan 1 and Titan suite on a Mac

Postby stevethurks » 05 Feb 2017, 09:47

Hi Guys

I have been given a Mac as a work laptop, and want to know how difficult it is to install Titan suite & Titan 1. And how well it will run if I use it from boot camp? OR am I better off just using my personal pc laptop?
This also works into a bigger questions as my personal laptop is getting old and slow and I'm looking at upgrading it. Should I go for another pc or get a Mac? I know this is an emotive question normally, but here I'm just asking relative to running my Titan 1 dongle and Titan suite for pre-patching and simulation.
Thanks Steve
niclights
The eManual

Re: Running Titan 1 and Titan suite on a Mac

Postby niclights » 05 Feb 2017, 11:27

Firstly Titan is not designed to run on virtual machines so you would need bootcamp. It should run fine under that but if funds are there I would buy a native windows based laptop with good specs dedicated to Titan and then a Macbook separately for personal laptop. Part of the logic here is that it is best to keep the Titan machine completely 'clean' where nothing else is installed and it is not used for anything else.
clublights

Re: Running Titan 1 and Titan suite on a Mac

Postby clublights » 06 Feb 2017, 18:00

Pretty much what Nic said.

But I'll add

T1 is so much better with a touch screen

but if your just using it for preshow work....

I use my MacBook pro with bootcamp ( and parallels ) for quick testing .. writing a patch... etc with the sim all the time . easier then switching computers for something simple.... but I'd never use parallels in a show situation, and only use T1/mobile on Bootcamp ( full windows install) as a super last resort backup .